Lessons learned About Designing Living Spaces
Designing any space is a cumbersome task for those who have little or no knowledge of interior designing. There are many nitty-gritties to be followed for designing a living space. We list below a few tips as stated by the best living room interior designers in Bangalore that will come in handy to you while designing your living space.
- Choose the right fabric content for your family-choose the right quality upholstery fabrics for your home. Whether it is the sofa cover, pillow covers, bed linens, blankets, or even a mattress cover, the choice you make greatly impacts the overall look of the house. If you have small children in the house or pets, choose a fabric that brings comfort to all. Nothing lasts for a lifetime, but good quality products and wise choices do help prolong the life of your furniture. Leather is able to withstand daily wear and tear. Dark fabrics help camouflage spots or stains that are so common in family’s that have babies. Look for beautiful linen curtains for your living room and hallway. You can choose linen slipcovers also, as they are easy to remove and clean—research on how to choose the best upholstery fabric.
- Less furniture doesn’t make your space look bigger - It is a misconception that more furniture would make the room look cramped and small and vice versa. The truth is that less furniture does not make your room look spacious. In fact, when furniture is put to scale, they highlight the room dimensions and help make space appear fuller.
- Leave space for walking, but don’t compromise on seating! Do not use less seating arrangement in order to maximize space. Arrange stools and chairs in such a way that it is easy to move around and fit them according to the room suitability.
- Break up your lightning-It is important to set your lightning in a layered manner. Combine table and floor lamps to accentuate the lighting. Use a crystal chandelier in the living room space to add to the elegance and charm of the room. Since each crystal reflects light, the build-up effect is awesome.
- Choose the right coffee table-Focus on the other shapes in your living room––if your couch is L-shaped, choose a round coffee table to break up the angular lines and make walking around tight corners easy. If most of your furniture or accessories are round-shaped, for example, if you have a round table lamp or side table, go for a rectangular coffee table to keep balance.
- It is alright to break a rule-Don’t try to follow every rule even if it is difficult for you. Make the best decisions keeping your comfort and lifestyle in mind. Give your best, and do not be afraid to break a rule if it yields a better result. Make your living room, home, and life beautiful in your way.
We hope the above Living room interior design ideas will help you design a space that is comfortable, tranquilizing as well as elegant. Get in touch with us, one of the best interior designers in Bangalore in town to transform your dream place into a place of your choice.